Cooperative Foundation Trust School
The Governing Body of Joy Lane Primary, Nursery School and Oysters SRP (ASD) are considering becoming a foundation school and formalising existing relationships with local schools to form a co-operative Education Trust with 1st July 2016 as the proposed implementation date.
The rationale for this proposal is as follows.
- We want to continue to raise expectations and standards in the school and improve the future prospects for all of our learners.
- To do this - with the many changes taking place in education - we need to build strong partnerships and make our school improvement planning more sustainable.
- We believe that to meet the needs of our community, we can achieve more through formal education partnerships, than we will be able to by working alone.
- The proposed Education Trust would
a). establish a formal partnership and allow us to work with other co-operative schools
b). underpin the values of the school, which are in line with universal co-operative values; and
c). help us to deliver our school’s vision and aims.
- The rationale for acquiring the Trust, the contribution it will make, and the direction it will provide to the schools can be summarised as follows:
The Trust will build on the existing relationship between local schools and support the schools in seeking to:
- Improve the quality of learning and teaching
- Improve the wellbeing and behaviour of our young people
- Enhance capacity by sharing resources and expertise
- Improve value for money in a time of real terms reduction in funding
- Support and develop current and future leaders
- Trust schools are part of the local authority system, but supported by a charitable trust which would be represented on our governing body. It is important to be aware that the governing body will continue to run the school, handle the school budget and be responsible for the performance of the school. The Trust will provide additional resources and expertise.
- There is no intention of changing staffing arrangements as part of these proposals.
Further details of the proposals are provided in our Proposal information pack which can be obtained from the school office or for download please see below.
Debra Hines Gerry Skinner
Executive Headteacher Chair of Governors
Information for download:
Foundation Trust Letter Governing Body July 2016
Letter to Families, Staff & Local Community
Foundation Trust Consultation Response Form Joy Lane
Proposal Coastal Alliance Cooperative Trust